In addition to the culture that is characteristic of each region in Indonesia, there are also various types of food or culinary that characterizes Indonesia, especially for foreign tourists.
Indonesian Food Specialties Foreign TouristsThis article will discuss about several types of Indonesian special foods that attract the attention of foreign tourists. What are the meals? let's look at the following.
1. SataySatay is a skewer cooked on hot coals. This runny skewers are usually served with rice cakes (rhombus) with peanut sauce poured throughout the satay. This is a national dish prepared by street vendors and has become one of the most famous foods in Indonesia. This is practically everywhere and is very addictive.
2. Rendang beefThis dish comes from Padang, Sumatra. Padang food is famous for its spicy and rich taste. You should definitely try Rendang Beef. Somehow similar to Beef Curry but without broth. We can appreciate this dish because it takes a long time to cook to remove the tenderness from beef.
3. Fried RiceIndonesia's Fried Rice and its reputation have shocked the world. Literally everyone has tried Fried Rice at some point in their lives and it is the most versatile dish out there. You can mix it with vegetables, chicken, beef, seafood, whatever you can think of. What makes Indonesian Fried Rice different is the use of sweet and thick soy sauce called keycap and decorated with pickles, pickled cucumbers and carrots. Fried rice is considered as a national dish of Indonesia.
4. Rawon RiceNasi Rawon is a dish made from beef soup from East Java. Rawon has a spicy taste and a deep black color from the use of peas. This is rich in taste. This dish is best enjoyed with a bowl of rice especially if enjoyed together.
5. Oxtail SoupDespite believing that oxtail soup was discovered in London in the seventeenth century, the Indonesian version of oxtail soup is as popular as ever. This is a healthy and healthy soup that is loved by many people. Oxtail is usually fried or roasted and combined with soup.
6. Shrimp RiceFood revolves around rice cooked in coconut milk. This is very similar to the Fat Rice from our neighboring country, Malaysia. You certainly can not leave the chili sauce for Rice Uduk. This dish is popular with many people at lunch.
7. PempekPempek or soft chips made of fish and tapioca. This is Palembang's specialty in South Sumatra. Pempek comes in various shapes and sizes. The most popular is called, submarine (containing submarines), containing eggs in the middle. Pempek is sprinkled with shrimp powder and served with vinegar, a dark dipping sauce made from vinegar, cold, and sugar.
8. SiomayAs you might not know, most street food in Indonesia has to do with peanut sauce. This dish here called Siomay is the Indonesian version of dim sum. This dish contains steamed fish dumplings. Portions come with boiled potatoes, cabbage, eggs and served with peanut sauce. If you want to go to the local area, the best way to enjoy Siomay is from a bicycle seller, who transports a large steamboat behind his bicycle. The best street food.
9. Sweet MartabakOne of Indonesia's favorite foods is Indonesian Sweet Martabak. This is the Indonesian version of pancakes. Interestingly, Martabak is only sold at night. You can choose a mixture of fillings from chocolate, cheese and nuts.
Those are some typical Indonesian foods that favor foreign tourists. Don't miss to enjoy it if you visit Indonesia.