How to Increase Google Adsense RevenueIn this article, we'll show you some tips on Google AdSense that help you to increase your AdSense earnings.
- Follow Ad placement Best practices
In terms of ad placements, the general rule is to place your ads in a highly visible area of your website where your visitors pay more attention to the interesting clicks. However, make sure that your ads don't interfere with your visitors and create a negative perception.
Also read: How to Manage Adsense Ads to Increase Revenue
If you're running a WordPress blog, below are some decent placements to maximize your earnings:
To improve clickthrough rate (CTR), Google recommends that you use the 728 × 90 leaderboard image ad unit above the homepage fold and under the main navigation bar.
Depending on the length of the page, you can also use a vertical ad unit of the same size (728 × 90) in the center or at the end of the homepage.
Test various AD units – either a wide skyscraper 160 × 600 or 300 × 250 a rectangular rectangle on your sidebar.
- Blog page
- Place a 336 × 280 rectangle AD unit at the top of your article.
- Use similar ad units at the end of your post before the comments section.
- Similar to the homepage, place a skyscraper or a medium rectangle ad unit on your sidebar.
The style and size of your ad can mean the difference between the ads that your visitors will see and click, and the ads they'll pass through. When choosing the right ad style, your goal should be to make it more visible and reduce ad blindness.
- Follow ad style best practices
For best results, Google recommends that you use colors for your ad text and links that are already on your site. In terms of creating an ad style, there are three popular techniques that are proving to drive clicks.
- Blend: For your ad units, use the same color for borders and backgrounds as on your page.
- Complement: Use colors that are already on your site, but do not match the background and border with where the ad was placed.
- Contrast: For your ad units, choose a color that stands out against the background of your site. This one will fit if you are using a dark background for your blog.
Read Also: How to Quickly Receive Google Adsense Easily
- Track AdSense clicks
Understanding your ad placements and style best practices give you a preliminary step, but won't always give you positive results. To increase your earnings, instead of following your ad placement best practices blindly, you need to understand what's best for your unique audience.
You can use MonsterInsights to track AdSense clicks and understand the performance of each ad unit that you use on your site with Google Analytics. With MonsterInsights ad tracking.
- Discover how many clicks each banner ad receives.
- Understand where your visitors are paying more attention to your site.
- Remove low-performing ad units to increase clickthrough rates.
- Learn how to use MonsterInsights to track AdSense clicks in Google Analytics.
- Manage ads with plugins
To make it easier to manage your AdSense ads, you can use an ad management plugin such as AdSanity. With AdSanity, you can insert your ads into the right location quickly and easily.
You can also group ads together by creating ad groups and can be included in the sidebar and posts. Some of the useful features of AdSanity are:
- Expiration Date: Set an expiration date for your ads.
- Ad Rotation: You can have a rotation on your page, time for your ad group.
- Adblocker messages: Check the ad-block software and display a message to disable it.
- We hope this article helps you learn some AdSense tips to increase your earnings.