For new websites or blogs, the AdSense program can be one of the quickest ways to generate revenue, which is why it's so popular.
But while AdSense is free and easy to use, there are a few aspects you need to understand about it, and things you can do to maximize your success with it.
Google Adsense ExcellenceThe Google AdSense Program has some great advantages including:
- Free to join
- The eligibility requirements are easy, which means you can monetize your website or blog even if it's new.
- There are a variety of adoptions and some ads can adjust to fit your site's look and feel
- Google pays monthly (if you meet threshold $100) with direct deposit
- Can run Adsense ads on multiple websites or blogs from only one AdSense account
- There is an option to run ads on mobile devices and RSS feeds
- You can easily add them to your YouTube and Blogger accounts
Google AdSense is a good monetization option, but it's not a rich-fast program or generating-money-nothing. Further, Google has many rules that are not necessarily considered in advance. As a result, many website owners know they've violated Google's policies, and have lost their accounts forever.
Types of Google AdSense adsGoogle offers a variety of ad types to run on your website, including:
- Text: Text ads use words, either as an ad Unit (a bid) or a Link Unit (a list of offers), and are available in different sizes. You can customize the colors of boxes, text, and links.
- Image: Image ads are graph ads. They come in different sizes. You can select the option that combines text and image ads.
- Rich media ads include HTML, Flash, or other interactive features.
AdSense for search allows you to have a Google search box on your site. When a user enters a term and performs a search, the search results page opens with the AdSense AD. You can customize the color scheme of the search results page to sync with your website.
Google AdSense PaymentsGoogle pays monthly via direct deposit or cheque, but will not issue an AdSense payment until your earnings reach or exceed $100. If you don't generate $100 in a month, your earnings are rolling and added to the next month. Each time you reach the threshold of $100, Google will disburse the payment in the next payment period. You can see your current earnings on the Google Adsense homepage, which ads result in the most clicks or anything else.
Basic Tips to make money with Google AdSenseMaking a lot of money with AdSense requires a mature plan to maximize earnings. Here are tips for maximizing your AdSense revenue:
- Read and obey the rules. Google's webmaster policies and AdSense program policies should be kept in compliance.
- Don't click your own ads. Incentivize clicks, buy a Pay Per Click (PPC) space, or use a program designed to drive traffic to a violating AdSense rules page. Remember, Google doesn't really forgive for violating the rules, so be sure to stick with it.
- Have great content that your target market wants to read.
- Ultimately, money is generated, either through AdSense or other monetization methods, by providing valuable content and quality traffic to your blog or website.
- Use website marketing techniques to honest organic traffic, especially search engine optimization and article marketing.
- Make sure your website or blog is optimized for mobile (responsive)
The number of people using a high mobile device. Also, be sure to use responsive ads so that Google can send the appropriate ad sizes to mobile devices viewing your site.
Test AD types and placementsTo find the most revenue-generating options, you need to test the type and placement of ad positions.
- Starting with standard sizes (300 × 250, 728 × 90, and 160 × 600) as there will be more adoptions to run by Google.
- Maximize your ad placements
- You are allowed 3 standard AD placements per page. Use them all for maximum benefit.
- Create an ad above the fold (the part of your page is first viewed without scrolling).
- Have a leader board ad under your header/logo, not at the very top of the page, which is easier to note.
- Include ads in content for eligibility
- Monitor your results
Google can overwhelm you with tools and feedback, but do your best to check what it says about your results so you can maximize your efforts.
Always monitor your emails from Google especially if Google AdSense sends you a warning regarding violations that are on your site. If the violation is not immediately you solved because of the information from Google Adsense you do not see, then the ad serving program can be stopped.
Tips for Maximizing Advanced Google AdSenseOnce you've run ads on your site, you want to make sure that you get the most out of your AdSense program. Here are some additional tips to consider when you're ready to increase your Google AdSense earnings:
- Run experiments. You can A or B test your ad through AdSense.
- Experiments with the link and color boxes. If your color matches your theme, try changing it to see if it affects the results.
- Turn on placement targeting. This allows advertisers to choose where their ads are shown.
- Set up a custom channel so you can know better what works and doesn't work
- Dealing with a competitor or questionable advertisement
If you offer products or services on your website, you may find that some of the ads that Google provides come from your competitors. Another problem that can happen is that ads may not be entirely legitimate or may offend your market. To prevent this offer from appearing on your site, Google AdSense allows you to block up to 200 URLS from appearing on your site.